Sunday 1 January 2012

The Rules

     The rules of my fishing adventure are simple:

1. A fish must be caught using a rod and line
2. Fish must be cleanly hooked (In the mouth)
3. A photo positively identifying the fish must be taken

The rules are to make the challenge about learning as opposed to numbers. Each fish has its own habitat, behaviours, and foods. To trick one into eating my bait requires much more knowledge about the fish than snagging or spearing one. It is also more challenging, and needs to keep me occupied for a long time.

Number #3 has historically given me the most trouble, as I did not own a camera for quite some time. Any fish that I have caught without any photographic evidence goes on a red list just to bother me in the back of my head until I catch one again.


No comments:

Post a Comment